September 07, 2009

Back in the Saddle

We returned to Grenada last week from our six week holiday in the U.S. Yes we took a vacation from our vacation. We had a marvelous time with family and friends. I was able to go fishing in Alaska with my best friend, his brother and father, a first for me but hopefully not last. The four of us brought home 300 pounds of salmon and better stories.

We went camping on Lake Roosevelt with my family, where upon arrival my brother decided to open a box of beer with a knife, instead opening his finger, necessitating a quick run to the hospital for stitches. Apparently the knife is standard issue from Washington State University (WSU) as their most popular major is 'Widdilin'.

We spent a week on Camano island with Rae Ann's family where I collapsed a deck while working the BBQ. I swear the wood was rotten.

I got in several rounds of golf, consistently getting my monies worth by hitting the century+ mark each time. Though the last round with a surprising 98 I won two bets which are yet to be paid.

Needless to say returning to the boat we needed much sleep to recover. The heat in Grenada has required a big adjustment. When we arrived none of the work scheduled on the boat had been completed. Though as it was a bottom job, the yard was able to hustle and complete it with just a one day delay in our launch. It also gave me a chance to complete a number of projects in the yard, and take advantage of the air conditioning and cold shower in our hotel to cool off.

We were back in the water on Wednesday afternoon in a rather lumpy St. Davids bay. Rae Ann was on to sea sickness remedies within 10 minutes of hitting the water. Nikita looks nearly new with a sharp bottom job and a full wax of hull and cabin. I have a handful of other projects to complete over the next couple of weeks as we wait out the remainder of hurricane season. Rae Ann has started both kids in home schooling with Isabelle in pre-school and Jake starting first grade. Both kids are having fun with the schooling.

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments: